About Sierra Wildlife Rescue:
Preserving the wildlife of El Dorado County through public education & the rescue, rehabilitation & release of injured & orphaned native animals.
As neighborhoods continue to encroach into the beautiful environment around us, natural wildlife habitats are disrupted by human activities. Sierra Wildlife Rescue, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is dedicated to the mission of preserving El Dorado County’s wildlife through public education and by rehabilitating and releasing injured and orphaned native animal species.
Stitch Signal: Feb. 14, Please read thoroughly
Bottom Line Up Front: :
- Announcing Every Stitch Matters has teamed up with Sierra Wildlife Rescue from Diamond Springs, CA
- NEW PLEDGE FORM FOR ITEM NEEDS: https://forms.gle/RYU8zURf3nSf4KDr8
- Need, Deadline, Craft and Patterns for this project
Stitch Signal Friday, February 14, 2020
We are excited to announce our partnership with Sierra Wildlife Rescue in El Dorado County.!
Sierra Wildlife Rescue, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is dedicated to the mission of preserving El Dorado County’s wildlife through public education and by rehabilitating and releasing injured and orphaned native animal species. We take in around 500 mammals in a year, 450+ baby songbirds.
Please use the Pledge Form (https://forms.gle/Ti4GzrSzj6cvuswp8) to pledge how many items you will make. Once your items are done, please go back and update the form saying your items are complete. Once completed items are ready, you will receive an email with instructions on where to send your items.
Craft: Sewing, Crochet
- 5 Wildlife Pouch - no liner, just make soft inside - used for opossum joeys, pinky and 2-3 week old squirrels
- 10 - Honeycomb Hammock - used for opossums, squirrels
- 10 - 6" diameter Crocheted Nests
- 4 - 8" diameter Crocheted Nests
- 10 - Cavity Nests (Large) - for squirrels and opossums
- 20 - Kitten Nursery Blankets
- 30 - Fleece or flannel blankets any size
- 10 - Double strength larger single layer hammocks for raccoons 15" minimum - they are used by all animals so all sizes welcome.
- 10 - Ferret Tunnels
- June 1st
- Honeycomb Hammock
- Small Fleece Pouches use the Piccolo Pattern or video tutorial (no liners)
- Nests diameters 5-8 inches
- Cavity Nests (Slipper Pattern accepted as well)
- Kitten Nursery Blankets
- Fleece/Flannel Blankets
- Double Strength Single Layer Hammocks (no grommets-hammock straps MUST BE strong fabric and/or webbing NOT ribbon)
- Ferret Tunnel
- Animals who will use these items: Opossum Joeys, Pinkies, 2-3 week Squirrels, Songbirds Bunnies, Raccoons
- Please do not use grommets on the hammocks. Please use strong fabric and or webbing for the straps.